Dec 14, 2007

Staring

To the girl with the loud mouth,

I'm sorry my eyes kept drifting in your direction. Perhaps I didn't want to look out my window into darkness, and preferred to stare at something that just happened to be in my direct line of vision. Or maybe your incomprehensible babble repeatedly intercepted my daydreams, causing me to stare at you instead of someone else. Either way, I'm sorry for prompting you to make googly eyes at me, as if my stare was offending your personal bubble of 20 feet. I'm sorry that your girlfriend had to turn her head to shoot an unsubtle glance at me, because she too must have felt violated by my blank gaze.

To be honest, it really wasn't that serious. But hey, I'm the perpetrator. So please accept this letter as a full apology. I promise that if we were ever to meet on the Red line again, I will advert my eyes to stare at the elderly man across from you, who may not be as prone to childish reactions to strangers on the metro who only stare blankly because, you know, it's been a long day.


Cheers,

Channel42

1 comment:

VillagePeeps said...

next time burn them up with the laser beam cannons in your eyes!